Internal whistleblowing system: ensuring your organization's compliance
What is a corporate whistleblower?
A whistleblower is an individual who, in good faith and without personal motive, reveals unlawful or unethical activities within an organization. These whistleblowing reports, can cover a variety of areas, from anti-corruption, to health and safety issues, to breaches of ethical standards. With the evolution of regulations, notably at the EU level, setting up a framework to collect and process such reports has become a central element of corporate governance.
The EU Whistleblowing Directive
The EU Whistleblowing Directive significantly enhances whistleblower protections in a corporate setting. Under this Directive, businesses, associations, and public institutions with 50 or more employees with more than 50 employees are now required to provide a secure and confidential reporting system, ensuring greater transparency and integrity within the workspace. Additionally, international organizations operating within the EU are also subject to this Directive.
Mosts important steps for organisations to be compliant
- Develop a transparent and compliant reporting procedure
- Adopt a professional reporting system to collect and process reports securely
- Engage with staff members on the importance of reporting and the protections offered
- Ensure that whistleblowers are fully protected against retaliation
Setting up a whistleblowing system is a vital step for any organization concerned with compliance and ethics. BeSignal is more than a digital reporting system, it comes with a tailored support team to help you during the implementation process and after the launch.
Essential criteria to choose a corporate whistleblowing system
- Ease of use: our customizable online platform is accessible 24/7 by employees and third parties
- Secure and confidential: anonymous option available and secure data management (GDPR)
- Case management: intuitive functionalities with action plans and statistical reports
- Assistance: designated project manager to streamline the roll-out and adoption of the system
Our value proposition
As the market leader in France, with over 1,500 affiliated organizations, BeSignal is committed to innovation and excellence. We take every opportunity and use client feedback to reinforce our commitment to quality service.
- French company, hosting its data in France and not subject to the Cloud Act
- Intuitive, flexible system offering a secure environment for whistleblowers
- Fast, efficient set up (between 3 and 7 days after project scoping)
- Compliance, avoiding criminal and financial penalties for non-compliance with legal obligations